Thursday, March 13, 2008

Evernote Destined To Be A Hit

Evernote

Here's one of the most promising web applications that I've seen in a while. Evernote is a tool capable of detecting text in captured images and associating the text with the images in a searchable index. The uses are countless. Example, take photos of people wearing name tags at a conference for later matching of faces to names. I'm particularly interested in using it during my travels. When I'm busy trying to see every famous landmark in a new city without enough time to do so, I always regret not being able to read all of the interesting factoids written on various walls and signs. I tend to take photos of the signs to read later. I can just imagine using Evernote to convert this information to searchable text automatically. Sounds great. The service is still in invite-only beta mode. Bookmark it: evernote.com

No comments:

Post a Comment